If you are investing in cryptocurrency, then there are a few places you need to look out where you can buy and sell them. With the rise of digital currency, there are a plethora of crypto exchanges facilitating the buying and selling of the same. However, when there are many providers, you should separate which providers can get you better services.
The three main factors that come while choosing the right exchange center are
- Listed markets
Based on the above and many more factors, we’ll review the best crypto exchanges in the UAE and give you quick tips on how to get started with your first trade!
Best Crypto Exchange in the UAE – Top 7 List
The best crypto exchanges in the UAE are listed at a glance.
- eToro – Overall Best Crypto Exchange in the UAE
- Coinbase – Best Cryptocurrency Exchange in the UAE for Beginners
- OKEx – Great Low-Fee Crypto Exchange in the Exchange UAE
- Binance – Top Crypto Exchange in the UAE for Asset Diversity
- BitOasis – Popular Crypto Exchange in the UAE
- Rain – Bahrain-based Crypto Exchange Serving UAE Clients
- Emirex – Crypto Exchange in Dubai Offering Multiple Markets
eToro – Overall Best Crypto Exchange in the UAE?
Security of funds and assets is critical while buying and selling digital currencies. eToro hires top-tier financial regulators, the FCA, ASIC, and CySEC, who approve and regulate this platform. Therefore, it is one of the safest environments for people living in the UAE to invest and trade in cryptocurrency.
You can buy, sell and store your credits on the platform. This gives an excellent learning field for the newbies to play around in the security of the platform. And if you want to cash out the investment, the platform provides an opportunity to sell directly. Hence, you can make avail of the service, right then and there.
There are multiple passive trading tools on the platform. ‘Copy trading tool’ gives you the opportunity to mirror the trade of seasoned crypto traders. “CryptoPortfolio” entails the benefit of the eToro team that will manage your assets in the digital basket.
- Buy thousands of international stocks without any commission.
- Supported by debit/credit cards, e-wallets, and local bank transfers.
- Regulated by the FCA and CySEC.
- Social and copy trading tools.
- No support for MT4 or MT5
Coinbase – Best Cryptocurrency Exchange in the UAE for Beginners
Here are some factors that make this platform best for novices starting on cryptocurrency. Coinbase keeps 98% of funds stored in cold storage, safe from the internet. Additional security is provided with whitelisting and two-factor authentication. All these features exclusively cater to beginners as they can explore and acquaint themselves with the features of cryptocurrency without incurring severe losses.
The minimum investment in this asset class starts from 2.00 units of AED.
- Supports instant debit card purchases.
- Dozens of digital currencies to choose from.
- Institutional-grade security practices.
- Debit card deposits are expensive.
- A standard trading commission of 1.49% is required.
OKEx – Great Low-Fee Crypto Exchange in the UAE
The best part of the platform is the over 400 supported crypto pairs. This includes tokens with substantial trading volumes such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, NEO, Strike, Baby Dogecoin, OMG, DAI, SushiSwap, and plenty of others. The platform also offers spot trading options and other derivatives. You can open an account even without the KYC process if you have some digital token.
The platform has a multi-currency wallet that can be accessed via digital devices. A custodial web storage option leaves the token security to the platform. Cold storage and ledgers to avoid blockchain transactions. All these make the platform the best crypto-exchange center in UAE.
The minimum requirement to get started is just $10.
- More than 400+ digital currency pairs.
- Can use cards to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
- Low commissions.
- Derivative products are too complex for beginners.
Binance – Top Crypto Exchange UAE for Asset Diversity
Binance also gives you access to over 500 tradable cryptocurrencies. This large pool of companies enables you to build a diverse portfolio of the digital asset. You can also view your performance and assess crypto quotations. In addition, you can manage your investments or let the platform take control of the funds in cold storage.
- Instant deposits via debit/credit cards and local bank transfers accepted.
- Offers crypto savings accounts.
- Ideal for beginners and experienced traders.
- All supported cryptocurrencies cannot be purchased with a debit/credit card.
- No e-wallet deposits or withdrawals.
BitOasis – Popular Crypto Exchange in the Middle East
BitOasis is based in Dubai. It supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, from bitcoin to Ethereum. Therefore, it is so popular in the middle east. Though the fee here is a little high and you would need liquidity, BitOasis is quite a popular platform in UAE.
- Crypto exchange based in the UAE.
- It offers a basic and advanced platform.
- Huge levels of liquidity.
- Markets priced in AED.
- High commissions rate.
- Not the best list of supported cryptocurrencies.
Rain – Bahrain-based Crypto Exchange Serving UAE Clients
Rain cryptocurrency platform is based in Bahrain. It is authorized by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). Though the commission fees are a bit on the higher side (yes, a solid 1.5% commission fee), the platform leaves no element untouched regarding safety.
Rain does not have a large spread. It supports just four currencies – namely Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and XRP. It is a perfect service if your currency is based on the above four currencies. The UAE bank account can be connected to the platform. Hence, you can also use your debit and credit card to transfer and deposit funds.
- Debit/credit cards and bank account transfers are accepted.
- Regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- The trading commission is high.
- supports limited numbers of digital currencies.
- KYC process is reportedly slow.
Emirex – Crypto Exchange in Dubai Offering Multiple Markets
Following the OKEx and BitOasis, Emirex provides a huge number of markets. This comprehensive trading arena for all crypto traders to start their digital currency journey. With a Dubai-based headquarters, the exchange center has gained prominent attention in the UAE. A small credit of .10% makes them an ideal exchange center at a competitive price. In addition, the easy handling process allows you to use credit and debit cards for purchases.
- Low trading commission for market takers
- large selection of markets
- Supports fiat-to-crypto and crypto-cross pairs
- Deposits via debit/credit card
- High Debit/credit card deposits
- Not suitable for newbies
What all you must look at while zeroing on crypto exchanges in UAE
Though the above-listed exchange centers are the ideal ones providing the service in the UAE, here are some factors that you must consider while zeroing on one.
Reputation and regulation:
Reputation is very important, as a good service provider will never get badmouthed. This gives added validity to their service. The online or digital modes are vulnerable to cyber-attacks. If the platform is not secured enough, the theft may remain long undetected in the network. Check from regulatory bodies assurance like FCA and ASIC.
The more diverse market that the platform supports, the more it can allow the users to diversify and move to other digital currencies. Most of them support large networks, but this is a limitation only if you want to expand your dealings.
Accepted payment methods:
many of the UAE-based exchange centers allow payment using debit or credit cards. This is especially useful for newbies starting their cryptocurrency adventure.
Browsing through the platform with all the possible investment chances listed in bolds makes things easier even for seasoned players. Hence, make sure the platforms are easy to navigate and guide you on potential purchases.
Getting professional assistance in case of any emergency is very important. Make sure your exchange centers have the fastest reply back service so that you don’t have to wait for too long to get your answers.
The list gives an exhaustive detail of the best exchange centers in the UAE. Before zeroing on one, see which one offers you the best service according to your needs. However, as a third party, eToro tops the list with its large number of listed markets and user-friendly growth.