For many people, YouTube is a way to sit and watch videos for endless hours about entertainment, reviews, information, and many more. But for some people, it’s a source to make money. YouTube stars are self-made celebrities—people who have built an audience by creating content geared toward entertainment, teaching, reviewing, and being unique on the internet.
Being a professional YouTuber may sound easy and an exciting job, but it takes a lot of effort to get started, and there’s no guarantee it will work. Making money through YouTube might not be your only reason to start a channel, but you will be amazed as you will realize how many opportunities can help you earn money through it.
First of all, it’s crucial to know that content creators are not paid by YouTube merely for uploading the videos. Neither of your videos is monetized by default. To earn money out of your Youtube videos, you have to opt for monetization on your Youtube account settings.
In this post, you’ll see the best strategies to make money on Youtube. So let’s begin!
How To Make Money On Youtube?
1. Apply for the Youtube partner program and earn money through ads
The first earning opportunity you’ll likely explore is ads. Joining a Youtube partner’s program is a crucial step as for many Youtubers, it has become a lucrative source of income. For this, you have to become a Youtube partner and run ads during or before the videos on your channel. You can apply for monetization of videos once you’ve got 1000 subscribers on your channels and 4000 watch hours over the past year. There’s no time limitation to fulfill these conditions; once you do so, you become eligible for the program.
To become a certified Youtube partner, you have to keep in mind a few things. To start with, try and keep your videos as less controversial as possible to attract maximum Youtube advertisers. For running ads on your channel, Youtube approximately gives you 55 % of the revenue and keep 45 % with itself. But another important thing to remember is that different advertisers pay a different amount, and it’s all based on CPM and CPC that the advertisers will pay. So consider this fact before opting for this method.
To enable monetization on your Youtube channel, follow these steps :
- Sign in to your Youtube account you want to enable for monetization.
- On the top right corner, you will see an account icon; click on that.
- Then, click on the Youtube studio.
- On the left side, you’ll see a menu, click other features, and then Monetization.
- Read all the terms and conditions and click to agree.
- You need a Google Adsense account to get paid by Youtube. Create an Adsense account or link the existing one.
Engage in Affiliate Marketing
Not everyone relies on video ads to generate revenue as there are several other options to choose from, such as Affiliate Marketing. It’s a great idea if you have many followers and engagement on your channel. Many large brands often seek popular Youtube channels to promote their products, and in return, they pay such channels.
If you’ve built a large following, it’s the perfect time to start with affiliate marketing to boost your earning. However, if you don’t have such a huge following, you can still make affiliate marketing possible with an effective strategy.
To earn money through this method, sign up with affiliate programs or companies to get the link of such products your audience might be interested in. After this, you can promote those products on your channel and get a commission for each sale of such products.
A simple way to earn through promoting products is by linking those products in your video description.
Review games, products, technology, or software
Another way to earn money from Youtube is by reviewing products, software, or any product you like. You can review various products on your channel for several companies in your niche and earn money through various brands seeking exposure.
This technique is successful because, firstly, your audience gets the desired information. Secondly, the concerned brand gets exposure, and thirdly, you get paid for your services and efforts. This is an absolute win and wins situation.
You can consider the following points while reviewing products and participating in affiliate programs
- It’s best to prefer programs that allow recurring commission. Recurring affiliate programs provide an opportunity to get paid as long as your referred viewer becomes a customer of the brand.
- While reviewing products, include your personal experience also. Though there’s a lot of information available on the search engines about a concerned product, before recommending any product, make sure it’s safe to use, and the seller is not wanting to fool the customers. Your review should be so that it remains unbiased and helps the customer make his/her choice. That’s why it’s best to use your personal experience.
4. Sell products live
Most sellers choose Youtube to expand their business on a high level. In this method, you can sell your products live to a live streaming audience. You can either sell products acquired from a third party or sell your own products.
To sell more of your products, make sure you develop a strong sense of trust among them. Their trust in you and your products will give them the confidence to buy your products. You can accept digital payment and dispatch the concerned products to the buyers. Try the following tips to maximize your profits through selling on the live stream :
- Try to offer unique products.
- Set a reasonable profit margin.
- Stream live consistently to sell products.
- In the beginning, offer a few samples to promote your product.
- Use offers and promo codes to increase your sale.
5. Make money through mastering your SEO
It’s time to take everything a notch higher for all those creators who haven’t built significant following yet. To get more subscribers on your channel, you have to get more views on each of your posted videos. For this, make sure you abide by all the SEO rules to increase the searchability of your videos. Your video gets ranked on Youtube after satisfying the following factors :
- The length of the video.
- The number of comments on the video.
- Subscribers after watching a video.
- Like and dislike ratio.
- CTR or click-through-rate on search results.
You can also try the following tips to get more views and subscribers on your channel.
- Focus on Creating Compelling Content.
- Make sure you Engage with Followers Actively.
- Don’t Forget To Encourage Your Audience to Subscribe to Your Channel.
- Promote Your Video on Other Social Media Platforms.
- Make efficient use of keywords in the video title and description.
So these were the tips using which you can earn money through Youtube. But have you noticed what the constant factor in all these methods is? Yes, that is having enough subscribers and views on your channel. It’s quite apparent you can earn money or sell products only when someone is there to watch your content. While you can follow all the organic ways mentioned above but if you want an instant boost, you can also buy YouTube views, likes, comments, and Youtube subscribers. These are the benefits of buying likes, views, or subscribers on Youtube.
It gives you the required boost –
If you are new to the market and need a boost, buying views is one of the most effective strategies you can follow. It will save you time and effort, and once you’re established, you can move forward with your strategy.
It creates Social Proof –
More subscribers or views on your video show that you have the right image among your audience. It happens because viewers tend to give preference to a video or channel with more views and subscribers. This builds trust among the audience and impacts all your money-making efforts.
You can promote your brand –
If you’ve launched a new product or service, buying views and subscribers will promote it. The more people know about your business, the better it is for your sales.
It also improves your Search Engine Rankings –
You get enough conversions only when your video is ranked at the top of the search engine. There’s a set pattern used to rank your videos on Youtube. This is done by the algorithm used by Youtube, and this algorithm prefers a video with more likes, comments, and more engagement. In fewer words, if your video has more engagement, it will be ranked on the top.
Whether you want to make money through Youtube or create something unique for your audience, Youtube has many ways to do so. But what could be better than knowing you can actually get fairly paid for all the hard work and efforts you’re doing? You can consider the following tips to make money on Youtube, but a general rule to follow is – be creative and let that entrepreneurial drive flow through you.